Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Miu Miu Shoe Obsession Continues

Just like every other woman on the planet I fell deeply in love with the chunky heels from the Miu Miu S/S 2010 collection. I even tried a pair on, and I don't think I've ever been so reluctant to take a pair of shoes off my feet - and they weren't even that comfortable!
I noticed the obsession was getting a little out of hand though when I was logging onto Net-A-Porter to look at them on a daily basis. Luckily (or not, however you look at it) I now have another pair of Miu Miu shoes to dream about - the A/W 2010 courts.


These shoes don't seem to be as popular as the S/S satin heels were - and I've even heard some people say they don't actually like them- but I think they're completely hilarious in a crazy and inappropriate way. These are shoes Carrie Bradshaw would wear. And the heel isn't that high, so on some level they are actually quite practical.
For those lucky enough to get their feet into a pair when they arrive in stores I think the trick to styling them is keeping the rest of the outfit simple. Cropped trousers, worn-in t-shirts, slick blazers and subtle across-the-body bags will show the shoes off. Or wear the with short sixties-esque party dresses, as shown on the Miu Miu runway.

From left: Violet jersey T-shirt by Vanessa Bruno (and now with 30% off) at net-a-porter.com; Animal print scarf from Topshop at topshop.com; Army pants by Current/Elliott at my-wardrobe.com.

Are you lusting after the Miu Miu A/W heels too? And how would you wear them?

images from vogue.co.uk and store websites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive