Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Twenty8Twelve A/W 2010

If I'm completely honest Sienna Miller's label, Twenty8Twelve, has never really wowed me. I love Sienna, and I think she has killer style, but up until now I haven't really taken to her design efforts.
But the collection, which she designs with her sister Savannah, is looking good for A/W 2010, and it looks like Twenty8Twelve has a new fan. The colour palette is a bold selection of black and grey, and the jackets look gorgeous. When I visited My-Wardrobe last week I heard that Twenty8Twelve clothes are always beautifully made, so these pieces should be real keepers.


The three-quarter-length sleeved black jacket [above right] is easily my favourite piece in the whole collection. It fits the overall mood of A/W perfectly. I also think the leather dungaree dress [below left] a fantastic design - it would look great on Chloe Sevigny types.



And although this is a celebrity designed collection it doesn't feel like a run-down of Sienna's greatest hits. There are a few looks that are totally Sienna (especially those below, on the Sienna lookalike) but the majority of the collection is very androgynous and hardly touches the boho style she championed.


It looks like Sienna and Savannah are taking Twenty8Twelve in an interesting direction. Do you like the look of the collection?

images Twenty8Twelve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive