Thursday, June 10, 2010

Re-Fashioning Christina

Last night Christina Aguilera held a release party for her new album, Bionic. I've been a big Christina fan since her Genie in a Bottle days and have had Not Myself Tonight stuck in my head for most of the week.
I'm glad Christina has returned, after a long break, but I'm getting a little annoyed at all the 'oh, she's copying Gaga' remarks. Sure Lady Gaga has definitely raised the game in terms of fashion (why do you think Beyonce suddenly reinvented her look?) but Christina was doing the OTT skinny-blonde thing long before Lady Gaga came along. Remember the poodle hair for Lady Marmalade...
So far I think Christina is doing OK with her wardrobe. The Versace dress she wore to the MTV Awards wasn't bad, and then there were the gorgeous Louboutin boots that she wore for a performance this week.


I was actually lucky enough to meet the Louboutin boots in the Glamour fashion cupboard a few weeks ago, and they are insanely beautiful. Christina is lucky to have grabbed a pair. I'm sure she'll wear them again as she loves her Louboutins.

Even though her comeback look has been relatively strong I'd like to see Christina step up her game and pull out some big A/W looks. At the moment she seems to be into cut-out details, dark colours and anything with a hint of sex appeal. For her next red carpet appearance I would love to see her in something more directional, and the lace-detail dresses from the Emilo Pucci and Christopher Kane fall collections would be perfect.


The slightly gothic vibe to the Kane dress would be a very interesting choice for Christina, don't you think?
And as for her performance wardrobe I would really like to see her in the embellished hot pants from the Dolce & Gabbana collection as they remind me a little of Michael Jackson's stage costumes. You can never go wrong with a Jackson wardrobe reference on stage.


And for a TV appearance the cut-out dress from the Versus collection would be a great choice. It has that naughty vibe that Christina loves so dearly and is also a great label to be seen in at the moment.

What do you think of my choices for Christina? And what do you make of her comeback wardrobe so far?

images from style.com, celebrity-gossip.net and christinafan.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive