Friday, June 4, 2010

Yves Saint Laurent's Very YSL Collection

I don't really like it when a new designer enters a house and everyone expects it to be exactly the same as before. Because it never will be. I'm very interested to see how people react to Sarah Burton's first collection for McQueen, as those are some hard shoes to fill. Giles, on the other hand, will probably be quite safe at Emanuel Ungaro as my cat could design a better collection than Lindsay Lohan.
There's a fine line between copying the style of the designer before and completely changing the vision of the label; and Stefano Pilati's Resort 2011 collection for Yves Saint Laurent strikes the perfect balance. It's still Pilati's work but there are some beautiful references to YSL's original work.



There were rumours earlier in the year that Pilati may leave Yves Saint Laurent but I seriously hope he doesn't. I love his work and this is definitely my favourite Resort collection. I would wear every piece. Personal favourites include the adorable little bra tops, the white coat with the black trim and the short-suit which had a touch of Le Smoking to it.



Pilati is regularly criticised for using so much black (remember Anna in The September Issue with her "what, no colour this season, Stefano?" comment) but everyone is sure to be happy with the resort collection, as he produced a fabulous selection of monochrome looks and pieces in flashy brights. I wish this is how my summer wardrobe looked. Every piece is so chic.


If Resort is a taster for the season ahead then I cannot wait to see what Stefano Pilati puts together for S/S 2011. It's sure to be good...

Do you love the Yves Saint Laurent Resort collection too?

images from style.com and thefashionspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive