Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Miu Miu Cover Girl

My subscribers copy of ELLE always used to arrive so late that for a while I really disliked the postman. But the August issue arrived on my doorstep bright and early yesterday morning and I read the whole magazine in one sitting. Lily Allen is obviously popular with ELLE readers as this is her second cover in under a year. Lily has had a her fair share of magazine covers over the years, but I don't remember liking one as much as I like the August cover; and this is probably down to the lilac Miu Miu A/W dress she's wearing.


In my not-so-professional blogging opinion I think the lilac lace dress is definitely the key look in the Miu Miu fall collection. It's the piece that comes to mind first when the Miu Miu collection is mentioned. You may remember Carey Mulligan wore this dress to the Met Gala in May - albeit a slightly altered version. Because it's already walked one of the most important red carpets of the year I would normally predict the dress would head into an early red-carpet-retirement to avoid any 'who wore it better?' situations, but as Carey wore a paired-down version of the look I think it could still make another appearance. Who would you like to see it on next?
And, of course, the mustard yellow Miu Miu dress appears on Eva Mendes' July W cover. I swear if my magazine man doesn't have W and US Vogue today I might actually throw a tantrum in his shop. It feels like I've been waiting forever.



What do you think of Lily's ELLE cover? And which Miu Miu dress if your favourite?

ELLE UK is out out Saturday 3rd July

Lily image: Photography by Rankin / Courtesy of UK ELLE Magazine
W image justjared.buzznet.com and catwalk images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive