Thursday, June 3, 2010

"Don't do that. Don't mock the clothes."

Tonight is the night people. I am finally (and rather reluctantly) going to see the Sex and the City sequel. I know I'll hate it. My mum went to see it the other day and simply said "you'll loathe it."
But I figure if I'm gonna hate on it as much as I have been I'm going to have to see it. Otherwise it's just not fair.
I've heard many negative things about the film so far (that there is no plot, that the characters are like cartoons, that it's offensive to other cultures... the list goes on and on) but the thing everyone has been telling me is that the clothes SUCK.
Sex and the City and bad costumes? This cannot be, can it? In the fear that it may be true I've had to post one of my favourite Carrie Bradshaw outfits of all time. Every time I watch this episode her dress makes me smile.
And in other SATC news there are now rumours Miley Cyrus will play Carrie in the Sex and the City prequel. Please no. Just no. Make it stop! It makes me as angry as Carrie is in this scene below:



At least I know I can return to the safety of my SATC boxsets if the movie is as bad as everyone is reporting. I've recently been re-watching season three, which is my favourite, and it really never gets boring.
Wish me luck for tonight, and please let me know what you thought of the sequel. Did you love it or loathe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive