Monday, June 21, 2010

Versace Resort 2011

Long time readers of Coco's Tea Party may remember how much I loved the Versace S/S 2010 collection. I've always been a fan of Versace, but the slit-to-the-thigh red carpet dresses they're so good at creating (and then getting on the red carpet) have never inspired me. Which is why the Spring collection, with all its teeny-tiny shift dresses, geometric prints and zingy pastels, really got me in a fashion frenzy.
I'm surprised the Spring collection barely touched the red carpet, as those pieces would really make a bold statement, but I guess celebrities like to play it safe in the classic leg-flashing numbers. Red carpet action aside, though, and it looks like Donatella refuses to give up her love affair with sherbet shades, with the resort collection picking up where S/S left us.


The silhouettes are familiar, with body-con minis here, there and everywhere, but Donatella adds some beautiful boxy jackets to the mix too. I'm particularly fond of Look 7 [above right]. Also do the gladiator sandals remind anyone else of Balenciaga S/S 2008?


Whilst there was no shortage of leg in the Resort collection, things did get a little more grown up with a few knee-length pieces. The orange dresses really caught my eye, and I'd like to see Gwyneth Paltrow or Thandie Newton give them a go.


And as a die-hard Clueless fan (best movie ever!) I fell for the matchy-matchy skirt suit [above left] which is so Cher. It's a look I'm dying to give a go.

What did you make of the Versace Resort 2011 collection? Which has been your favourite Resort collection?

images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive