Saturday, June 26, 2010

Hit and Miss of the Week: The New Look

The Hit and Miss of the Week posts have been going for a long time now, and it needed a facelift. Adding even more excitement to the post (seriously, can you handle it?) I’ve also just learnt how to add a jump break – it’s pretty pathetic it took me this long, but better late than never I say!
So onto the week, and the big story was the LA premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. I’m still not a Twilight fan, but anything that causes a big red carpet event is cool with me, and the turnout at the LA premiere was amazing. Continue reading (ha! how cool is this?) to see the good and bad looks from the premiere…

Kristen Stewart: So-So / Robert Pattinson: Hit

Cast members Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner (L-R) attend the premiere of the motion picture romantic thriller fantasy The Twilight Saga: Eclipse , as part of the Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles June 24, 2010.  UPI/Jim Ruymen Photo via Newscom

Horray! Kristen Stewart is finally starting to look comfortable on the red carpet. I think the white sequins on this Elie Saab Couture dress look beautiful on her, but I hate the one-sleeve element. Either have two or none at all – one makes it look like you didn’t have time to shave both armpits!


Robert Pattinson on the other hand looked perfect, which is a shocking statement to come from me, as I’m no R-Patz fan. The maroon Gucci suit was a great choice (Taylor Lautner wore Gucci too) for Robert, as he really stood out. Why don’t more male celebs wear colour on the red carpet?

Dakota Fanning: Hit

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 24: Actress Dakota Fanning arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' during the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

Dakota looked absolutely stunning in an Elie Saab couture dress. The feather detailing around the hemline adds a perfectly playful touch, and the one-shoulder element keeps it young. As an avid follower of Dakota’s red carpet look I would have liked to see her in something a little less feminine (she has worn a similar Saab dress before, after all) but maybe next time?
At the moment Dakota is a key player in the young Hollywood set, and was my best dressed of the night. I can’t wait to see what she wears next.

Ashley Greene: So-So

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 24: Actress Ashley Greene arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' during the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

I think Ashley Greene is absolutely stunning, and more often than not looks great on the red carpet, but this dress is not working for me. It’s a lovely colour and I do like a bit of draping, but it completely swamps her fame and looks like she simply wrapped some pretty fabric around her body. I have no doubt she’ll be looking amazing come her next red carpet appearance though.

Anna Kendrick: Hit

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 24: Actress Anna Kendrick arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' during the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)

I’ve always thought Anna Kendrick seemed so sweet, and although I like her a lot her style has yet to make a real impact on me. I do think she pulled it out of the bag for this premiere though, the Marchesa dress being a great choice.
I feel like she could have pushed the choice of footwear a little further though. Her choice of metallic strappy heels are a little too safe for my liking. But all in all it’s a nice enough look.

Heather Morris: Miss

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 24: Actress Heather Morris arrives at the premiere of Summit Entertainment's 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' during the 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

I’d never heard of Heather Morris before, and I give her major points for being brave enough to try something different on the red carpet. If this look was for a TV appearance or a press conference (and she toned down the acsessories) it would definitely get a hit, but there is no place for stripy t-shirts on the red carpet. Nice shoes though…

As always let me know what you think of the looks from the week in the comments section.
Who was the best dressed this week? And who do you think got it totally wrong?

all images from picapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive