Friday, June 11, 2010

Top Trend: Statement Shades

I'm a bit of a sunglasses geek. At one point I had boxes of them, just cheap styles I'd picked up here and there, but I've since got rid of most as I tend to stick to my trusty supersized Gucci sunnies.
But as a sunglasses lover I have, rather predictably, fallen for the over-the-top pointed styles shown on the S/S runways. The Alexander Wang shades look like so much fun, especially worn by Gemma Arterton in i-D magazine. But my personal favourites are the Giles shades - which look wonderfully cartoon-like.

shades

I haven't seen any good versions of this look on the highstreet yet, so if you want in on the action it looks like you are going to have to go to the top. If you're not really one to follow trends (something tells me the Wang shades will have a rather short shelf life as they're so 'it') then these Linda Farrow cat-eye frames are the best alternative. They're distinctive but less obviously "on trend", if you know what I mean.


Linda Farrow Luxe Cat-eye-frame snakeskin sunglasses

Are you into this look? Which designer do you think designed the best OTT shades this season?

images from thefashionspot.com and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive