Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Rihanna influenced by All Saints?

What's this? Rihanna in camouflage combat trousers and a denim jacket? My first thought when I saw this image was All Saints. And I'm not talking about All Saints clothing - I'm talking about the girl band All Saints.

rihanna-021610-3

If you're not sure who I'm talking about (I don't know if they were ever famous outside the UK) All Saints were 90's a four-piece girl band who basically wore a lot of combat trousers, denim jackets and crop tops. At the time they were very cool. Here they are singing Under the Bridge in some rather ugly clothes.



Though I would never go out dressed like Rihanna it's kind of nice to see someone look so 90's. It reminds me of my childhood and makes me want to drag out all those embarrassing photos from the era of the baggy combat trouser - I seem to remember owning a very noisy plastic-y pair. Gross.
What do you think of Rihanna's look? Way too 90's or a bit of fun?

image from celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive