Sunday, February 21, 2010

LFW: Topshop Unique

Yesterday lunch time, myself and Stevie from Discotheque Confusion had a quick catch up over a sugar-free muffin (it’s fashion week, after all) and then rushed over to the Topshop Unique show. It was my first time at a Unique show and I wasn’t sure what to expect (apart from Pixie Geldof, of course), but it was actually a really cute collection.

Copy of DSCF0306

The theme this season was camping (I never have, and never will go camping) and there were some beautiful pieces. Knee-length pencil skirts with super huge pockets were worn with braces that were covered in badges, reminding me of my days in Brownies. Tigers and wolves were screen printed onto a jersey maxi-dress, which was then worn with thick white tights. And there was even a bit of double-denim thrown in for good measure too.

Copy of DSCF0305

My favourite elements of the collection look rather miss-matched when I write them down. I adored the animal headdresses (designed by Emma Cook), which ranged from foxes to badgers, and blended into the models wildly backcombed hair. And the shearling jackets are definitely going on my A/W 2010 wish-list.

Copy of DSCF0321

One of the finale pieces was a little grey mini dress, with a fitted bodice and a puffed out skirt. The silhouette reminded me of one of my favourite Miu Miu collections (S/S 2008) so it’s sure to be a sell out piece – I’d say the typical Topshop customer (myself included) dreams of wearing Miu Miu, so it’s inevitable that it will be popular.

Copy of DSCF0334

And as for the front row: there was no Kate, but I saw Alexa (soooo skinny), Pixie, Olivia Palermo (sooooo beautiful), Nicola from Girls Aloud, and I heard Peaches was there too but I didn’t see her. Though, I was most excited to turn around at one point in the venue and see Suzy Menkes behind me. She’s a real fashion star.

all images my own, if you wish to re-post please credit (although you can pinch must better ones from style.com ya know)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive