Sunday, February 21, 2010

LFW: House of Holland

As well as the Unique show I also went to the House of Holland show yesterday. The HH invite this season was printed on a white bandana with aqua writing, which instantly made me think of N’sync and Jennifer Lopez in the J-Lo days.
The bandana reference was made clear once the first model walked out – purple bandana tied around her high-pony-tail. Overall I wouldn’t wear any of the pieces the way they were styled for the collection, which was just too J-Lo for me. But there were some pieces that I really liked, including the shearling jacket worn with the striped jumpsuit [bottom right] which looked so much better in real life than it does in this picture. And the candy pink printed dress [bottom left] is going to look great in editorials. The highlight of the collection for me though was watching Sessilee Lopez walk – she is beautiful.
Apologies for the use of style.com pictures, but I was sitting behind someone in a rather large hat, which was fine, I could still see perfectly, but my pictures were just coming out as this hat and the occasional models head.




On the front row were Alexa (who had changed clothes since Unique) and Pixie. The front row were given bottles of vitaminwater and Blackberry gift bags. After the show I heard Pixie tell Hilary Alexander that she adored the collection, so I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s spotted wearing pieces from the collection very soon.

images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive