Thursday, February 25, 2010

Annie in Westood

Last night, in London, the world premiere of Alice in Wonderland took place - and Anne Hathaway managed to completely surprise me with her red carpet dress. I guessed she might wear a British designer for the red carpet - as lots of American stars do when they attend a UK premiere - but I expected someone more along the lines of Alice Temperley, Stella McCartney or even Alexander McQueen. I did not expect to see her in Vivienne Westwood.

anne-hathaway

It's just that I see Anne's taste as very classic Hollywood. It's very chic, very Armani. And though Vivienne's designs have such a timeless shape (that beautiful emphasis on the waist) they've always seemed a bit too 'edgy' for Annie.
But look how wrong I was. I think she looks gorgeous in this dress. Even with the slightly in-between length it still works beautifully on Anne, who really was glowing.
Props to Rachel Zoe for putting "Armani Annie" in a Westwood dress, hopefully it wont be the last time she wears the label.
What do you think of Anne in Vivienne Westwood?

image from celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive