Monday, February 15, 2010

NYC: Victoria Beckham

I’ve been a Victoria Beckham fan since the first time I saw her, dancing (and pouting) away on Top of the Pops. But I was sceptical when she announced she would start designing, and would show her collections seasonally at New York Fashion Week. But four collections in and I think it was her best move ever - apart from marrying David, of course.
Yes, I am sure she has help putting the collections together. I’m sure it is a lot of help. But it is very clear that Victoria knows her fashion, and her collections are all about her vision. You can picture her in every single dress she creates.



For A/W 2010 her vision remains same: the collection is made up of dresses only (26), which range from well-tailored Mouret-esque styles to floor-sweeping bias-cut numbers. My personal favourite was the LBD with the nipped in waist and A-line skirt. It’s a classic Posh Spice look, and worn with the aqua pumps (I want, I need) it looks timelessly chic.



So far this is my favourite Victoria Beckham collection, and I’m actually excited to see what she produces in the years to come. I won’t call her a designer yet, but she’s getting closer.
How do you feel about her designs? Has she won you over yet?

images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive