Thursday, February 18, 2010

Famous for Fashion

Last night I was a panelist at LCF for the screening of Kate from Make Do Style's short film, and a discussion about the influence of celebrity in fashion. I was so nervous, as the other panelists were Grazia's Melanie Rickey, Tamar Jeffers Thomas, author of Hollywood Catwalk and Pamela Church Gibson, Course Director MA Fashion and Film at LCF, and they all had such intelligent things to say.
The discussion did turn to celebrities who have become more famous for what they wear than what they actually do, which was interesting. And the prime example of this is Kate Bosworth.
I think I have seen one movie with her in, and would struggle to name any of her others, yet she is one of the celebrities I write about most on the blog. As we were having this very conversation she was sitting front row at the Calvin Klein A/W show, again looking flawless. And here I am posting yet another picture of her. It goes round and round.

kate-naomi-ck-021810-13

Are you bored of 'actresses' being more famous for the shoes they wear or are you simply happy to see a great outfit on someone?
I have to admit I've kind of separated the Bilson's, Bosworth's and Biel's of the world from the Watts' and Winslet's. I'm more than happy to see a fabulous look on an 'it' girl, and I do really like most of these celebrities - but I'd rather go and watch a film with a serious actress in.
I'd love to know what you think about this, and honestly, doesn't Kate rock that skirt? You can't fault her.

image from celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive