Thursday, November 5, 2009

One Night, Two Problems

Everyday I scroll through the gossip blogs to check out what's been worn the day/night before. Today I had opposite reactions to what Blake Lively and Lady Gaga wore last night. Their styles couldn't be further apart, yet they could do with swapping wardrobe tips. Because while Blake Lively was wearing too much Lady Gaga was wearing too little.


It's taken me a while but I'm now a fan of Blake's simplistic style. She rarely does print, instead sticking to block colour. And bodycon is about as experimental as she gets with silhouettes.
It's kind of boring, but this year she's made some great wardrobe choices. Although I still think she should stay away from floor-length dresses (remember that ill-fitting Versace at the Met?) as she always seems to slip up with them. This one makes her look rather dowdy.


Lady Gaga, on the other hand, is never covered up. I don't like her style, but there are times when I can appreciate it. This is not one of them. The lace bodysuit is just tacky and attention-seeking.

I'd be much more impressed if I saw Gaga wearing Erdem. With a dark lip and her current sharp haircut I think she'd look amazing in this printed maxi.


And Blake had a fabulous hot pink moment in Michael Kors earlier this year. It would be great to see her flash a bit of leg in this Marios Schwab mini.

I think it's time to play swapsies...

images from style.com and celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive