Wednesday, November 4, 2009

It's Ballgowns for December

Finally there is an HQ scan of UK Vogue's December cover, I've been waiting for days. Model of the moment, Lara Stone, got the cover, which is a nice surprise - I thought it would probably be Kate again.

click to enlarge
Mossy had the December cover last year though. And there is more than a slight resemblance between her Nick Knight cover and Lara's Testino one. The pale shades, the whimsical font and, of course, ballgowns. Vogue seems to believe Decemeber is ballgown month.


I would have loved to see Lara in Viktor & Rolf's crazy ballgowns, especially the one that looks like it's been nibbled away by a mouse. I'm not really a big dress kind of girl, I find them a little fussy.


I'm much more into Malgosia Bela's shoot with Josh Olins, "The Seven Wonders of Fashion". Which according to Vogue are the tuxedo, the ballgown (told ya!), the hat, the corset, the earring (apparently one is enough), the pencil skirt and the high heel.


Does anyone actually own all seven wonders?

images from thefashionspot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive