Monday, November 2, 2009

Giles Deacon for New Look - Number 9

While I like the ideas behind designer/highstreet collaborations I've always found the reality rather disappointing. Either the quality or level of design sucks slightly or the prices are not actually 'highstreet' level.
The pairing that has always puzzled me the most is Giles Deacon for New Look. I'm a massive massive Giles fan and have always wondered why he grouped with New Look - which is more party party than kooky kooky.
His Gold collections (this will be his 9th for New Look) are always good - but I still wish there was more of the playful personality found in his ready-to-wear collections.
His newest collection (available next Monday both in store and online) for New Look features lots of strong shoulders, sequins and bead work. My favourites are the striped asymmetric dress with the puff sleeve and the leopard print tulip skirt.





What do you think of Giles' latest collection? Any pieces you'll be rushing out to buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive