Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Crystal Bird Purse

The other evening I watched the episode of SATC where Mr Big gives Carrie the crystal duck purse. It's one of my favourites - I love season two. Then, to my surprise, I found some Judith Leiber crystal bird purses on Net-A-Porter. I'm not sure why I was so shocked to see them, I guess it's just because I'm used to seeing Mulberry in their bag section, not parrots.



I'm thinking the parrot should make an appearance in the SATC sequel. Perhaps Mr Big could give it to Carrie as an anniversary gift? There's also an owl, but I think the parrot has a lot more character, look at his cheeky little face.


Looking at the price tags though (the owl is £3,470 and the parrot is £4,680) I think a more suitable SATC storyline would be Carrie selling off her vintage duck purse to buy some new Manolos.
Mr Big will never know...

both bags from net-a-portet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive