Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Olivia Rubin A/W 2010

Yesterday I visited British designer Olivia Rubin at her London showroom for a sneak peek at her A/W 2010/11 collection.
Olivia’s designs always feature gorgeous prints (I’m a big fan of her ‘bug’ print) in yummy colours, and her celebrity fans include Jameela Jamil, Fearne Cotton, Cheryl Cole and, most recently, Diana Vickers.
The A/W collection was inspired by ‘Hardy’s nineteenth century romantic classics’ and the silhouettes remain fun, feminine and flattering.


As soon as I saw the silver brocade Rosaline skirt (above left) I instantly thought of Blair Waldorf. I imagine she (if real) would pair it with thick tights a pea coat and a beret to go ice skating at the Rockefeller Center.


Olivia’s trademark brick print also makes an appearance in the collection. It looks great worn with the monochrome Kitty jacket, above.
But my favourite print is the ditzy nude bug design. The Belle tunic (below left) was my favourite piece in the collection, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it on a celebrity sometime soon.


A/W also sees the launch of Olivia’s T-shirt range, Oli Rubin, which combines her statement prints with luxe jersey basics. My personal favourites were the zebra and brick prints.



I also got to take a look at the mood board for S/S 2011, which looks just as exciting.
If you want to know more about Olivia Rubin visit her website HERE. I've also just noticed a few of the dresses from her A/W 09 collection are on sale on her website for just £50, so if you love a bargain check them out HERE.

all images from Olivia Rubin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive