Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cate and Blake Take the June Covers

Even though there are lots of UK magazines I really rate (ELLE is a particular favourite) the two glossies I get genuinely excited about are US Vogue and W. The reason they are my favourites is because they use the best photographers and models - resulting in gorgeous editorials - as well as the best writers. I'm a journalism student so I like words - both magazines always have brilliant articles.
The June covers of W and Vogue couldn't be more different, however. W has paired Cate Blanchett with Craig McDean, resulting in sophisticated yet moody editorial. And Vogue went to the beach with Blake Lively and Mario Testino, producing in a fresh summery spread.


Cate is obviously promoting Robbin Hood, and if I'm honest I was expecting to see her on the cover of Vogue instead. Lucky W snapping her up first! I adore the image of her in the blue Etro dress, below right. You can read the accompanying article HERE but I always prefer to wait until the magazine's in my hands.



Blake doesn't appear to be promoting a new movie or series of Gossip Girl right now. I think she must just be on the June cover because Anna likes her - that and she looks good in a bikini. I hated Blake's last Vogue cover, which made her look a lot older than she is. This time it's much better. The image of her sitting in the car dressed in a leather Versace dress is fabulous.



You can read the feature HERE which is mostly about surfing but includes this very insightful quote from Blake: "Ostrich flats don't really work on the beach!"

What do you think of the June covers? Which is your favourite?

images from style.com and wmagazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive