Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Kirsten Dazzles in Louis Vuitton

Last night was the opening of the New Bond Street Louis Vuitton flagship store. While I was doing my work experience at Glamour magazine I walked past the boarded up LV store a lot, as it was being finished. But I haven't seen it in all its glory yet and it seems like the perfect excuse to do a spot of window shopping on Bond Street.
As you all know celebrities love Marc Jacobs - they appear in his campaigns, attend his parties and fight to sit in his front rows - so unsurprisingly there was a great celebrity turnout last night. Thandie, Gwyneth, Alexa... they were all there. But it was Kirsten Dunst who stood out from the crowd. She looked amazing.

kd1

I actually squealed this morning when I saw the pictures of her in the A/W 2010 Vuitton dress. It looks like it was made for her! And I thought Gemma Arterton looked fantastic too. I'm starting to really get into her style; she's definitely one to watch.


When I first saw the Louis Vuitton A/W collection I did wonder how it would translate onto the red carpet, as the dresses are at the awkward in-between length and the look isn't as flash and attention-grabbing as Vuitton can be. But the collection has gone down a treat. Rachel Bilson and Maggie Gyllenhaal both looked gorgeous at the Met Gala this May (it's been Rachel's best look of the year by a long run) and a handful of Vuitton frocks popped up in Cannes too.


I'd really like to see SJP in a Vuitton A/W dress, but between her promise of wearing a McQueen piece to the CFDA awards this Friday and her relationship with Halston it looks unlikely at the moment. Still, a girl can dream...

Did you like Kirsten and Gemma's Louis Vuitton looks last night? And who is your number one Vuitton lady? For me it's between Kirsten and Rachel.

images from celebrity-gossip.net, justjared.buzznet.com and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive