Monday, May 24, 2010

Kate Beckinsale's Cannes Makeover

The Cannes Film Festival has finally come to an end for the year, and surprisingly the red carpet wardrobe I've been most impressed by belongs to Kate Beckinsale.
I've always quite liked Kate, but her red carpet choices are sometimes much too pretty and fluffy (see the Marchesa dress she wore in the first week of Cannes) and she does wear an awful lot of white.
Kate was in Cannes to act as a member of the jury (possibly the most stylish jury duty ever) this year, and once the Marchesa dress had its moment the really exciting frocks came out to play.


The Chanel dress with the sheer skirt was one of my favourite looks throughout the whole festival. I love how she's worn her hair loose and wavy, the relaxed vibe really compliments the dress. I also think she had managed to get the best Gucci Première dress, which I'm pretty sure was the only time she wore white at Cannes. Now that's a Kate Beckinsale record...


If the Chanel was my absolute favourite dress on Kate then the Nina Ricci gown is a clear second favourite. I'm obviously very drawn to black sheer dresses at the moment. I also love the asymmetric Gianfranco Ferré dress, mostly because it's such a treat to see Kate wearing anything black but also because it has that Halston vibe to it.

Kate is usually styled by Rachel Zoe, and I haven't heard anything about them parting ways, so I think it's fair to congratulate Rachel on putting together such a great selection of dresses.
There may not be much colour in Kate's Cannes wardrobe but she's looked fantastic time and time again. A great bit of red carpet styling.

What do you think of Kate's Cannes wardrobe? And which of her looks was your favourite?

images from celebrity-city and celebrity-paradise via thefashionspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive