Monday, May 3, 2010

My Met Gala Prediction

As I'm sure you know, tonight is the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala. It's my favourite event of the year and my absolute favourite event to blog about ever. I live for it.
But as you know I'm currently busy doing work experience so I'm not sure tomorrow's Met post will be as meaty as it has been in previous years, but I will do my best.
One of the most exciting things about the Met Gala is guessing who will show up, and most importantly who they'll wear. Considering this years theme is the American Woman I imagine a lot of American designers will find their work on the red carpet tonight. Hopefully there will be a bit of vintage Halston (maybe on SJP?), some classic Calvin (hopefully on Ashley Olsen) and a bit of 90's Tom Ford.
Last year Marc Jaocbs was a popular designer, dressing Kate Moss, Leighton Meester, and Madonna, and I'm sure at least one guest will wear a piece of Vuitton tonight. I've got my money on these two dresses from the A/W 10 collection. They're dramatic, full length and definitely make a statement. I wasn't in love with this Vuitton collection, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see someone wear either of these dresses tonight.

G2682436631564818_7
G2682436631564818_6

You couldn't wear either look to a movie premiere, or even an awards show, they're too OTT. They're made for the Met Gala. Now I just have to wait and see if either dress is on the red carpet tonight...

Who are you hoping to see at the Met Gala tonight?

images from vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive