Monday, May 3, 2010

Met Gala 2010 First Look

I haven't had much time to put together my best dressed list for the Met, so there are no models included unfortunately. I've literally just done a lap of Just Jared and picked out my favourite looks so far. I haven't even seen Cameron Diaz or the Olsens yet - were they even there?
Anyway, here are my best dressed so far. And I'll hopefully find time to do another update later.

met1
Sparkle Sparkle
It's really no surprise that Marion wore Dior to the Met. This dress looks stunning on her, and I love the hair. Anne Hathaway chose a Valentino dress (again, no surprise) which would normally be a little too princessy for my taste, but she makes it look fresh.

met3
The Blondes
I knew Kate Bosworth would look perfect on the red carpet, as she always does. The dress is a great choice, but it's her hairstyle that I'm really in love with. Kirsten Dunst also made an appearance in Rodarte for Gap. I love the little corsage on her shoulder - very pretty.

met4
The Brits
Sienna Miller and Jude Law are gorgeous together, the golden couple of the red carpet. So the pure fabulousness that is their partnership almost took the attention away from Sienna's Pucci dress - which I think looks great on her. And fellow Brit, Emma Watson, had a little more edge to her look than normal. I love the smokey eye and slightly messed up hair.


met2
The Statement Frocks
Chloe Sevingy slipped into one of her favourite labels, Proenza Schouler. I adore the colour, which Chloe smartly pairs with black heels. And I definitely think this dress looks better from the back. Rachel Bilson wore Vuitton (although not one of the dresses I predicted) to perfection. I've found her red carpet look rather bland recently so this is a step in the right direction.

I'm sure I've missed out loads of other great looks, so let me know who you think rocked the red carpet last night, and I'll hunt them down when I get home. And what did you think of these looks? Good or bad?

images from justjared.buzznet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive