Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maggie's Mid-Length Dress

At the London premiere of Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang Maggie Gyllenhaal looked amazing, wearing a Vionnet dress. At the moment I'm obsessed with Vionnet. It's one of my favourite labels to see on the red carpet, mostly because of Carey Mulligan.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is a great match for Vionnet, as you can see below, so no doubt she'll wear the label again. Her and Carey are both big fans of Lanvin too, perhaps they share the same stylist?


I never wear mid-length dresses or skirts, I think on me it would look terrible, I stick to minis and maxis, no in-between. But Maggie can pull off styles that generally make the rest of us look frumpy, probably because she is so cool. I imagine she's the kind of woman who thinks nothing of wearing flats in the evening. After all, she's one of the only celebrities who regularly wears print to award ceremonies.


I now really want to wear a mid-length dress, like Maggie's Vionnet. Her dress is from their Pre-Fall 2010 collection [above far left] where other mid-length numbers were paired with slouchy knee-high boots. I think it's a cool look for this sludgy March weather.

What do you think of Maggie in Vionnet?

images from zimbo via thefashionspot.com and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive