Monday, March 15, 2010

Anna Wintour's 1990's Moment

As fashion works in a cycle it was inevitable that the look of the 1990's would have a "moment" again. We've already seen the return of double denim and combat trousers, and now it looks like magazines are going for the 90's vibe too. Jessica Biel's recent US Vogue cover was very reminiscent of the decade, but it's the April cover, with the stunning Gisele Bündchen, that really taps into the 90's mood.

gisele-bundchen-vogue-april-2010-cover-04

I was lucky enough to get given a stack of old UK Vogue's (some of which were edited by Anna) from the 80's and early 90's, by a friend, and Patrick Demarchelier's image of Gisele really reminds me of those covers. And a little of Baywatch too...
I'm sure there will be some people who don't like this cover - at first I wasn't even that keen - but it's really growing on me. And I wouldn't be surprised if more US Vogue covers have a 90's feel to them this year. Also I can't wait to see what the McQueen feature is like, fingers crossed they've dug out some old editorial images.

What do you think of the cover?

image from justjared.buzznet.com and for more images from the shoot check out vogue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive