Monday, April 12, 2010

Would You Wear Cycling Shorts?

One of the popular looks with designers throughout the S/S collections appears to be cycling shorts. They popped up in a few collections, which to be fair is mainly where they have stayed, as I haven't seen anyone wearing cycling shorts in the last six months. That was until (ta-da!) I got a press email informing me that Whitney Port has been spotted wearing DKNY's cycling shorts [left].
I guess Whit deserves a congratulations for being the first to adopt this... trend? Are we calling it a trend?
The DKNY shorts are called the 'Smoothies' - but I have no idea why, so please don't ask. I suppose they're not actually that bad worn under a printed dress, like Whitney did, and they come in a range of colours. But pairing them with knee-high boots is just wrong, wrong, wrong! Please Whitney, never again.
On the runway they were also styled with layers, but footwear was limited to sandals, flats and strappy heels. The way it should be.



This is still a look I'm iffy about. I'm not dying to wear it myself, and, like I said, I haven't seen anyone other than Whitney wearing cycling shorts. They could be like leggings, and just take a while to really woo the public, but somehow I think they'll be a little less popular...
What do you think, are cycling shorts a do or a don't? And do you like Whitney's take on the look?

images from DKNY and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive