Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My, What a Lot of Clogs

Although clogs are being branded the 'it' accessory for spring 2010 I have done a pretty good job of ignoring them. I flick past clog themed shopping-pages in magazines, avoid them in shops, and scrunch my nose in disgust any time they are mentioned in my company. I just don't like clogs.
So I'd been plodding along, happily ignoring clogs, until I received an email titled 'CLOGS!' from Browns Focus this afternoon, announcing that New York boutique No. 6 have designed a line of clogs and clog boots, that are now available at Browns.


I have never seen so many variations of a clog before. There are peep-toes, tassels, lace-ups, florals, buckles...
Apparently they are also 'very eco friendly' and 'because of their construction, there is almost no waste and every scrap of leather is used.' Which is nice to know. I guess if you really must wear clogs, you might as well wear eco-friendly clogs.
The current poster-girl for clogs is Alexa Chung, who even wore them on her recent Vogue UK cover. Rachel Bilson has also been spotted in a pair, but since Alexa has worn hers many times she gets the title of Queen Clog.


For those, who like Alexa, love a clog, here are some of the other styles out there at the moment. I think the Miu Miu's are the best.


1. Miu Miu clogs at net-a-porter.com. 2. Lottie clogs at topshop.com. 3. Jada clog at kurtgeiger.com. 4. Ash clog at kurtgeiger.com.

Despite the wide selection I still don't think I'll warm to clogs. They're just not for me. But what do you think? Are you a fan of clogs? What have you been wearing them with?

images from thefashionspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive