Thursday, April 8, 2010

Mini Trend: Wings on Your Feet

The spring/summer 2010 collections feel like a lifetime ago. But the weather is only just allowing us to step into the S/S looks. One of my favourite mini trends for the season is wings on shoes.
Think back to last September, and you may remember the cute flats in Marc Jacobs' collection, which came with wings sewn onto the straps. Very cute.


While I haven't seen this look translate to the highstreet (yet) Vivienne Westwood is also into to wings. Creating a pair of winged-wedge-sandals, available from my-wardrobe.com.


I think the Marc Jacobs pair is more my style, but the Vivienne wedges are great to look at. I'd love to see someone walking down the street in a pair.
It's a look that's quite easy to do yourself too. Just grab some scraps of fabric, cut out some wings and sew them onto a pair of ballet flats or strappy sandals. And off you fly.
Will be putting wings on your feet this summer?

images from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive