Monday, September 28, 2009

Versace Wrapped up in Plastic

I've always been a Versace fan, of both Gianni and Donatella. There's something innately glamorous about the Versace woman that I find quite hypnotising. Her hair is always Barbie-doll perfect, her makeup immaculate, and for the past few seasons she has draped herself in beautiful low-cut-silky-evening-dresses.
But it was time the Versace woman had a change of image. I love what Donatella has done at Versace but the collections had started to loose their 'pop'. The spring 2010 collection, however, is possibly my favourite of the season so far. There were echos of Gianni's spirit everywhere, from the colours to the prints.

VersaceSpring2010fromfashionising_05

I am dying over the above print. This is what fashion should be about. I'm even starting to rethink lilac, which is a colour I've only seen my Grandma wear in the past decade.

VersaceSpring2010fromfashionising_02

My absolute favourite piece from the collection has to be the printed plastic fabric used for teeny-tiny skirts and a fabulous mini dress, it's so clever. Worn over printed bikinis, to protect the models modesty, it reminds me slightly of the space-age fashion from the 1960's. I bet magazines are already fighting over who gets to photograph the dress first.

VersaceSpring2010fromfashionising_03

VersaceSpring2010fromfashionising_06

Realisticly few people are actually going to wear a sheer-plastic-mini. But it will be fun to watch the Versace woman give it a go.

What do you think of the collection? Total eye candy?

images from fashionising.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive