Friday, August 7, 2009

Speed Demon

hannemissoni2-793x1024

I love the Missoni Fall 2009 ad with Hanne Gaby Odiele. The image of her speeding away on the back of a truck, printed knitwear flying in the wind always makes me want to sing Speed Demon, by Michael Jackson.

When I was a kid the video for Speed Demon used to be one of my favourite things to watch - if you didn't already know I was a major MJ fan between the ages of three and five, he was my first crush, along with Eric from The Little Mermaid. When he died I rushed out to by his movie Moonwalker just so I could watch the video to this song. It's the oddest thing you will ever see, but the song is sooooo good.

You can watch it on Youtube here. It's 10 minutes of utter randomness - he morphs into a plasticine rabbit - but it's so worth watching if you haven't seen it before.

Why I am posting about this I do not know. But on the subject of MJ and embarrassing first crushes, who was yours?

image from thefashionspot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive