Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Lily Allen Covers ELLE UK's London Issue

The September issues are all out now so it's time to get excited about October. There are already the rumours suggesting Victoria Beckham will get her first US Vogue cover, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.
What can be confirmed is Lily Allen, photographed by Rankin, will be the October cover for ELLE UK. The October issue will have a London theme, celebrating 25 years of London Fashion Week.

Lily will model designs made especially for her by a selection of Britain's best, including Giles, Preen, Louise Goldin and Burberry.


I think her blonde wig will probably take most of the attention away from the clothes though anyway. I love wigs, no idea why, I just think they're fabulous. ELLE Creative Director, Marissa Bourke, says "I love a wig on a celebrity, I don't know why, I just think it makes a really good graphic shot. I've been trying to do that for a while."


What do you think of Lily's wig? A good look or one to sidestep? I hope the wig makes it onto the subscribers cover.

You can watch the behind the scenes video from the shoot HERE.
The issue is out in the UK on September the 2nd.

Also anyone else notice Lily's doing Lindsay Lohan's (last months cover star) favourite pose? The chew the finger [click, click, click]. Who chews their finger better? Lily or Lindsay?

UPDATE: Yey! The wig made the cover. Have a look and find out more about the issue at elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive