Friday, August 21, 2009

Back to School Bags

Even though I left school years ago I still get the urge to buy a 'back to school' bag around this time of the year. Getting a new school bag, pencil case and stationary at the end of August, ready for school in September, used to be really exciting when I was growing up - I always loved shopping. Before going to Paris I had a flick through some of my old Teen Vogue's and they all had 'back to school' features in them which made me wish for school-appropriate shopping trips even more.
So for those of you lucky, or unlucky enough (however you see it), to be starting a new year at school in September here are my favourite school bag styles, ranging from the Upper East Side to the Topshop budgets.

The Brown Satchel: I'm not an over-the-shoulder kind of girl, but recently I've been seeing people everywhere carrying satchels by the handles with the shoulder straps hooked over their arm (see Sienna below) which I think looks great. I love Topshop's take on the look just as much as Proenza Schouler's £10,000 version.


The Chic & Orange: Classic bags such as Mulbery's Bayswater and the Hermes Birkin look a lot more fun in orange. There is something about the combination of perfect structure and citrus colour which feels so right.


The Lightweight: Books are heavy, sometimes the best bag option is the one that weighs as little as possible but can hold a lot. Shoppers aren't always pretty but if you can find one as gorgeous as the Marni below you're set for the year.



images from justjared.buzznet.com and thefashionspot - all product images from store websites

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive