Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Are People Mad?

This morning I posted a gorgeous editorial from my ex-favourite magazine, American Harper's Bazaar. I am now about to bitch about their September issue. Normally I would hate to be so critical but I'm in a bad mood and I think you will all agree with what I am saying anyway.

Leighton Meester is on the cover. I had heard it would be Ashley Olsen and I am now relived it wasn't, because what they did to poor Leighton is terrible. She is supposed to be looking 'fabulous at every age' and they have photoshopped her to make her look older. Leighton looks fabulous at the age she is now (23), why not leave her that age and choose a fabulous 60-year-old to shoot as well as her?



The pictures of her looking older are just funny - click them to see larger size. Plus the clothes suck. I thought Anna Wintour was a bit OTT to ban black at Vogue, but now I get her point, these pictures filled with black clothes are so flat. Black clothes, white wall, fake old lady.... Why did they think this would work?
Even when Leighton was looking young the styling is still beyond boring. She is super pretty girl and there are tons of great new designers out there they could have styled her in instead of a office appropriate simple black dress.


In under seven minutes I managed to find clothes at Browns Focus that would have been much more fun to see Leighton wearing - even if it was just for her 'young' years.


ALL CLOTHES FROM BROWNSFASHION.COM
And to make matters worse there is a Susan Boyle editorial in this issue too. Her makeover is actually very good though, she looks younger than Leighton at least...

What happened to the Harper's that produced stunning images like this? I miss it.

And what do you think of Leighton's editorial? Boring or do you like it? I'm looking forward to your comments on this topic...

images from the fashion spot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive