Thursday, August 27, 2009

Moss is Almost Famous

The A/W 09 Kate Moss for Topshop collection launched this morning (I'm sure you knew that anyway). The collection has been described by Kate as 'grunge', she says: "This season’s grunge is all about being creative about how you put your look together, and not necessarily spending a fortune."

katefortopshop

It also looks like her version of grunge is inspired by the costumes from Almost Famous. I can imagine Kate Hudson, as Penny Lane, wearing practically every piece in the collection. Those of you who love the movie as much as me will know what I mean when you look through the collection. One of my favourite pieces, the faux fur coat, is even titled 'Groupie'. Every time I watch Almost Famous I want to dress like a groupie from the 70's. Now I can.


If you haven't seen Almost Famous (I'm sure most of you have seeing as the fashion is amazing) you should rent it today. I adore Kate Hudson, but never really take her that seriously as an actress, yet she was nominated for a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Almost Famous. I wish she'd go back to real films and stop with the You, Me and Dupree types.

What are your thoughts on the new Kate collection? Do you dream of dressing like Penny Lane too?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive