Friday, August 14, 2009

Mossy gets a Perm

My obsession with Kate Moss has died down, but I still get excited over a really great Moss cover, and W’s September issue is pretty damn fabulous. Not so much because of the Moss factor, but because of the perm.


"Because isn't the first cardinal rule of perm maintenance that you're forbidden to wet your hair for at least 24 hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the immonium thygocolate?" - Elle Woods Legally Blonde

I was born with very fine straight hair, I have tried many times to make it look voluminous and wavy but it just won’t budge (any tips are welcome). Because it is so straight it tends to look flat, boring and always the same. And because the grass is always greener I dream of curly hair.


Wavy beachy hair has been in fashion for a while now, but on the runways curls are starting to get supersized. For the Chanel Cruise 2010 show the models resembled Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons, with red hair curled tightly around their faces.


Then there was Christian Dior A/W 09 Couture where Kim Noorda had a bouncy bundle of ringlets on the top of her head. The super-perm looks fantastic on the runway and in editorials but I think the softer look translates better into real life.
You could always try scrunching (not that it works on my hair) like Sarah Jessica Parker did everyday to get Carrie's fabulous curls. She's my hair idol.


What do you think of the perm look? Do or don't?

images from wmagazine.com and thefashionspot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive