Thursday, January 28, 2010

Look of the Week: Black Lace

As well as Balmain-look-alike skinny combats I am also on the look out for the perfect black lace dress. Black lace isn't the first look that first springs to mind when you think of S/S, but it's what I want to wear. And I'm not the only one.
This week Reese Witherspoon has worn a black lace mini, Dita Von Teese a black lace Jean Paul Gaultier and Kate Moss a Valentino in black lace - love the white blazer, no?


My spring/summer lace inspiration comes from the Dolce & Gabbana collection. It's a little gothic, a little Madonna in Desperately Seeking Susan and oh so desirable. I got an amazing little denim jacket at a bargain price in H&M last summer, and I think a little black lace dress would be the perfect addition to bring it into 2010. I might even add some socks and high heels too, just to really work the Dolce look.



But for those who have had enough of black, why not try white or nude lace, Ashley Olsen style? Dolce & Gabbana toughen it up with leather accessories while Ashley goes for a dark lip.


Is this a look you'll be channelling this S/S? How will you style it?

theOutnet.com

images from thefashionspot.com, olsensobsessive.net and style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive