Monday, January 11, 2010

Lets Set Them Up

Last week we were all impressed to see Jessica Alba wearing an Antonio Berardi dress to the People’s Choice Awards. For me I wasn’t just happy to see her looking so stylish, but was also excited to see her in a label that’s not a household name. While I have doubts it was actually Jessica who selected the British born designer, it’s always nice to see celebrities venturing out from the usual Versace/Marchesa/Armani red carpet dresses to something a little more surprising.
Obviously there’s nothing wrong with the big fashion labels, they produce stunning collections, but celebrities always go up in my opinion when they wear clothing from smaller labels too. It shows they have some fashion know-how.
So I’ve tracked down some gorgeous dresses by younger talent from the S/S 10 collections, and selected the celebrities who should give them a whirl at their next red carpet event.


Vanessa Hudgens always looks really pretty, but pretty is sometimes boring. It would be nice to see her in something more graphic, and I think she’d look great in this orange Holly Fulton dress.


Who isn’t a fan of Rachel Bilson’s style? I’d love love love to see her wear a Peter Pilotto dress this year. Peter Pilotto has easily become one of my favourite labels recently.


Dakota Fanning’s fashion-following is growing by the week. And I’d love to see her wear this Olivia Rubin mini to a red carpet event this year. Think slightly messy hair and a statement shoe, and it's perfect.


I’m not sure if it would work out as well as I imagine it in my head, but I wish Lady Gaga would experiment with the romantic look in an Erdem dress. I think she’d look amazing.

Are there any celebrity/designer pairs you're dying to see in 2010?

UPDATE: Olivia Rubin just tweeted me to say she would 'LOVE to see Dakota Fanning in the pink Opie - will try my best to make it happen!'

images from style.com and celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive