Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Golden Globes: Saving the Best Until Last

In the Golden Globes post yesterday I said I felt there were far too many boring strapless dresses on the red carpet. Reading through all your lovely comments I noticed that most of you felt the same, and it's almost taken the joy and interest out of red carpet events.
Which is why it's rather fitting that the two looks from last night that I liked the best came from the after parties, where it was less formal and there was more room for individuality:

ashley
Ashley Olsen in Erdem
You know Ashley is my absolute favourite ever. And I'm a massive fan of Erdem. Together they make a beautiful, and rather unexpected pair. It's so lovely to see Ashley in a bold colour and I adore the matching Manolos.


chloes
Chloe Sevigny in Christian Lacroix
I'm now on board with the grey Valentino she wore on the red carpet, but this Lacroix dress was love at first sight. I love the prom-style shape on her, and the sheer skirt works really well.


Were you also loving Ashley and Chloe's after party looks?

And a few people asked me what I thought of Jennifer Aniston's dress yesterday. I didn't dislike it in anyway, she looked brilliant, but seeing as it was another black dress I didn't think there was much to report.

both images from celebrity-gossip.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive