Monday, January 18, 2010

Best of the 2010 Golden Globes

After my first lap of Just Jared I felt pretty disappointed by the red carpet last night. So many stylish women got it wrong (and shockingly I didn't like any of Rachel Zoe's client's dresses) and there were far too many strapless column dresses.
But as I started to compile my favourite looks it started looking more promising. There are at least eight dresses that I love, and a few more growing on me.

globes01
Christina Aguilera in Versace & Drew Barrymore in Versace
I was surprised to see Christina at the Globes, but happy she was there - her Versace dress is one of my favourites of the night. And I even approve of her hair. Drew Barrrymore's dress, I am sure, will be mocked by the weekly gossip magazines for months on end. I admit, the bulge on her hip doesn't translate so well to the red carpet, but I still think she looks beautiful.


globes02
Emily Blunt in Dolce & Gabbana & Maggie Gyllenhaal in RM by Roland Mouret
There were a lot of dull strapless dresses last night, but I think Emily made the style her own. The pale pink is really pretty. And Maggie looked fabulous in this Roland Mouret, again, it's a great colour.


globes03
Diane Kruger in Christian Lacroix & Sandra Bullock in Bottega Venetta
It was nice to see Diane bringing some Lacroix to the red carpet. I'm not 100% into the dress as a whole for some reason, but I worship that neckline, it's beyond gorgeous. And Sandra Bullock not only posed right but she looked fantastic. Purple is really her colour.

globes04
Julianna Margulies in Narciso Rodriguez & Marion Cotillard Christian Dior
Julianna's dress is very simple but it looks beautiful on her. The red bodice makes it much more than a classic black dress. And out of all the Nine cast Marion was the only one who looked half decent. It's nice to see a bit of colour amongst all the nudes and pale pinks.


globes05
Chloe Sevigny in Valentino & Zoe Saldana in Louis Vuitton
I didn't like Chloe's Valentino at first, but as I've been working on the post it's grown on me. The other big ruffle dress of the night was Zoe Saldana's Louis Vuitton. I'm still not sure on this one. I want to like it but I'm struggling a bit. She still had the best smile of the night though.


Who do you think was the best dressed last night?

all images from justjared.buzznet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive