Thursday, October 1, 2009

For the Love of Seams

Today I made a quick stop at the V&A to check out the Future Fashion Now exhibition. It features pieces from the Royal College of Art fashion MA graduates' final collections. It wasn't the best exhibition ever but there were some interesting pieces, so it's worth visiting if you're in the area - it runs until January 31st 2010.

There was one dress, designed by Abbie Shaw that caught my eye. I love the shape of it, and actually I was more interested in the paper pattern than the finished product.

DSCF2495

Copy of DSCF2495

The seams are much more noticeable when it's just made out of paper, and at the moment I'm a little obsessed with seams. Blame Azzedine Alaïa.

I went to Dover Street Market earlier in the week and spent a little too long stroking the seams on an Alaïa dress. He cuts so beautifully it could bring me to tears. I've been eating up the images from his Fashion Spot thread [you can view it HERE] so I thought it was only right to post some of his F/W 07/08 collection. I love all the pleating; I need to get some pleats into my wardrobe.

aa3

aa23

aa4

aa1

In the words of Rachel Zoe, I die!

Abbie Shaw images my own, Alaïa images from thefashionspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive