Monday, October 5, 2009

Big Grins on Teen Magazines

I haven't bought Teen Vogue in such a long time, but I still keep all my old issues, filed by date. I never throw a copy of Teen Vogue out. The November issue (which is out in the states on Oct 13th) I will definitely be buying. Jourdan and Chanel are the cover girls.


I'm a big fan of them both, especially Chanel, who had the most presence on the Burberry runway. And she has a fabulous smile!
Here are some interview snippets:

Jourdan on her pregnancy: "It was really hard. "All I could think about was what my mom was going to say, my agency, my boyfriend. When I told my mom, she started crying and blaming herself. She got pregnant with me at the same age, and she said, 'I don't want you to have to go through what I did.'"

Chanel on babies: "No babies for me until I'm in my 30s! I'm focused on my career right now. I can't even take care of my dog."

Jourdan on the tough side of the industry: "I remember last season I was about to go into a casting, and my agent phoned and said, 'Turn back. They decided they don't want any black models.' I was like, 'They're actually telling you that's the reason? Are you serious?!'"


Do you think Teen Vogue could put them on every cover from now on?

Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive