Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thinking About the Winter Coat

I have never been that savvy consumer who buys their winter coat in the middle of August. I always leave it to the last minute and then end up buying a style I'm not 100% happy about. This year I am trying to be more prepared, and have started compiling a list of the coat/jacket styles I want to snap up.
Obviously, like everyone else on the planet, a shearling aviator style jacket is on the top of my wishlist. One style that wasn't, however, is the humble duffle coat. It was only when I saw this image of Taylor Tomasi Hill, the Style and Accessories Director at US Marie Claire, that I decided I desperately want one. Taylor rocks this look, no?


I've had a quick look online and there doesn't appear to be much duffle action going on. I did find this gorgeous black angora-blend twill duffle coat by Miu Miu (below left) for  £1,190 at Net-A-Porter. On on the highstreet side of things Topshop have produced this hooded style (below right) for a humble £45. I can't help wishing it came in a black or navy though.

What do you think of Taylor's duffle coat? And what style of winter coat will you be investing in this year?
image from citizencouture.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive