Friday, July 9, 2010

The US August Covers Are In

I was quietly confident that the August 2010 covers would feature a few models, but the US August covers are all out (apart from W, which is sure to be good whoever it is) and there is not a single model in sight. ELLE paired Drew Barrymore with photographer Carter Smith, and I like the result. Drew hasn't been around much recently, so it's nice to see her on a cover. It's a rather awkward pose though, right?


Fellow Charlie's Angel, Cameron Diaz was photographed by Terry Richardson for Harper's. I normally love Cameron's magazine covers, but there is something about this image that seems a little off. At least she looks fabulous in the red dress.
Over at Marie Claire Dakota Fanning continues to branch out of the teen market, landing one of her few 'grown up' covers. I like the slightly androgynous stying, it's an interesting direction to take. But the matching floral rings are a little too fussy for my taste.


My current favourite (I need to see W before I decide) is Gwyneth Paltrow's Vogue cover. While I think she's a boring choice for Vogue she looks so fresh and beautiful in the Testino image, so I can ignore the fact she's a really predictable cover star.
At the moment it looks like UK Vogue is the only glossy to use a model for its August cover. I hope there are some model covers for the September issues but so far it is looking unlikely.

Which US August cover is your favourite?

images from thefashionspot.com and justjared,buzznet.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive