Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hit and Miss of the Week: Models & Vampires

There has been a great selection of celebrities out and about this week. Twilight mania continues on from last week, with Rachel Roy catching a screening of the latest film in New York wearing a beautiful printed coat, and Paloma Faith attending the UK premiere in a fantastically over-the-top ensemble.
Showing no interest in vampires this week were models Elle Macpherson and Heidi Klum, who both put together outfits that showed off their perfect (and very long) legs. I loved Heidi’s skirt but I’m still undecided on Elle’s PVC trousers. So see what you think…

Heidi Klum: Hit

42135, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Thursday July 1 2010. Heidi Klum strutts out of the Live with Regis & Kelly studios in New York. The statuesque supermodel caught the eye of a male admirer as she made her way to greet the waiting fans. Photograph: PacificCoastNews.com

I know that opinion was divided over Heidi Klum’s bob haircut, but I really like it – it’s grown on me. This week Heidi was in New York making an appearance on Regis & Kelly, and I think it’s a great outfit for a bit of Talkshow action.
Heidi doesn’t exactly need any help in the leg department, but the cut of this pencil skirt makes her legs look even longer than usual. A very clever move. And the subdued nude blouse counteracts the amount of leg on show, keeping the outfit sophisticated.

Rachel Roy: Hit

Cast members and celebrity fans alike flock to the screening of the Twilight Saga: Eclipse at the Crosby Hotel in NYC, NY on June 28, 2010. Pictured: Rachel Roy Fame Pictures, Inc

Fashion designer Rachel Roy and her daughter attended a screening of Eclipse this week in New York. I love both of their summer outfits, such a great use of print. Rachel’s cost is absolutely beautiful (I assume it’s her design, but I haven’t been able to find out which collection it’s from) and the greige shorts keep the look on trend. I personally would have swapped the ankle boots for heels, but overall I love this look.


Elle Macpherson: So-So

LONDON, ENGLAND - JUNE 30: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) Elle Macpherson attends the Britain's Next Top Model press launch party held at Circus on June 30, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Dave Hogan/Getty Images)

For as long as I can remember I’ve suffered from major Elle Macpherson hair envy. Those golden locks are so perfect, and she constantly looks like she’s just walked off the beach. For the press launch of Britain's Next Top Model Elle chose a tight-fitting pair of PVC trousers. Normally I can only handle leather/PVC on Angelina Jolie, who somehow has the magic ability to always make it look right. I don’t think Elle looks bad in this outfit, but it is perhaps a little too try-hard, and the trousers are very shiny. I can’t decide whether it’s a hit or a miss. What do you think?

Mischa Barton: Miss

Actress Mischa Barton enjoyed a day at the Hammer Art Museum in Westwood, California with a male friend on June 29, 2010. In recent media chatter Mischa has become the focus of an ad campaign for German fashion designer Philipp Plein. The The Beautiful Life actress appears thinner in the images than in real life raising concerns of over photoshoped images.  Fame Pictures, Inc

I desperately want to be able to give Mischa Barton a hit, but her style is just not working for me at the moment. This jacket could easily look good if she wore if over a tie-dye summer dress or something delicate and frilly. But worn with the cut-off denim shorts and white shoes (you know I loathe white shoes) it looks a little clumsy. And not that I want to sound cruel, because I think people give Mischa such a hard time, but her hair is starting to look a little bit Britney Spears. I know Mischa can do better than this!

Paloma Faith: Hit

LONDON, ENGLAND - JULY 01: Paloma Faith attends the Gala Premiere of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse at Odeon Leicester Square on July 1, 2010 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)

This is Paloma Faith arriving at the Eclipse premiere in London. Wacky as ever. This outfit has a distinct Helena Bonham Carter feel to it, it’s very theatrical and very well thought out. The dress is a little too dressing-up-box for me but I adore the acsessories. I wonder her Vuitton trunk is filled with bottles of Fiji water, Andre Leon Tally style…

Rachel McAdams: Hit

Rachel McAdams looked cool and summery as she steps out in New York City, New York on June 29, 2010. Fame Pictures, Inc

I’ve always been a big fan of Rachel McAdams. Just like Natalie Portman she keeps her private life private and that air of mystery makes her much more interesting. Her casual style isn’t anything to scream and shout about, but Rachel has good taste.
This printed skirt is a lovely choice for a sunny day, and paired with classic espadrille wedges, a black t-shirt and a pendant necklace it looks lovely and fresh. I’m lusting after her baby blue Miu Miu bag too.

Who would you give a hit this week? And which celebrity gets a miss?

Images Getty/Famepictures/PacificCoastNews at picapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive