Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Get Your Wedding Planner to Givenchy

There are times when you realise how embarrassing your celebrity obsessions are, and one such moment came to me last week when the news broke that Zoe Saldana is engaged to her boyfriend, Keith Britton. The excitement I felt for Zoe was really rather lame, considering I don't even know her, but she is sure to have the most stylish wedding of the year. So my fan-girl happiness is justified, right?
Zoe wore the breathtakingly beautiful purple Givenchy S/S 2010 Couture gown to the Oscars this year, and as soon as I heard the news of her engagement I immediately thought of Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci. He needs to make her wedding dress!


Tisci is one of my favourite designers working today, I can't get enough of his work, and the Givenchy A/W 2010 Couture collection is easily my favourite Haute Couture collection of the season so far. The lace detailing on the evening dresses is exquisite and I adore his use of fringing and feathers. Ten out of the eleven looks Tisci showcased would make wonderful wedding dresses (the black feathered dress is more red carpet) and they would all look gorgeous on Zoe.


Eager Givenchy fans will know that Tisci recently dressed model Lara Stone for her wedding, and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Zoe is his next celebrity bride. Surely if she wasn't originally thinking of Givenchy for her wedding she is now. Let's just hope she shares her wedding snaps...


Would you like to see Zoe wear Givenchy Couture? And what do you think of the A/W collection?

images style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive