Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It is Absolutely Hallucinating

Jean Paul Gaultier used the rather bizarre expression "it is absolutely hallucinating" when talking to Sunday Times Style about fashion designers paying celebrities to wear their dresses on the red carpet. I'm not exactly sure what "it is absolutely hallucinating" is supposed to mean, but it's a fantastic phrase, and it feels fitting to describe his A/W Couture collection as absolutely hallucinating.
I am in love with the collection. It's possibly knocked Givenchy out of the number one spot. And I don't think I have been this obsessed with a piece of headwear since the Vuitton bunny ears. I need one of these turbans, they're too much fun!



I could easily have posted every look from the collection, but have somehow narrowed this post down to four looks. The bright blue turban is my absolute favourite, and I love the pleated trench coat worn with red heels and matching tights. I'll definitely be trying that look this winter.



Kim Noorda has quickly become one of my favourite catwalk models, and I adore the LBD she wore. Her look reminded me of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's - she has real pizazz. And even though I hate smoking I can't help loving the gesture of the long cigarette holder in the models hand. I know it's wrong but there is something very glamorous about it. Don't hate on me though - it's all part of JPG's hallucination. 

What do you make of the JPG collection? Absolutely hallucinating?

images from vogue.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive