Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Jennifer, Just Without The Hair

It's not much of a surprise that Kate Moss scored the UK Vogue September cover and it's even less of a surprise that Jennifer Aniston also bagged a September cover. Jennifer must sell magazines, otherwise she wouldn't constantly be on the cover of Grazia, but it's got to the point where I great a Jennifer Aniston cover with a yawn. I like her but I'm just so damn bored of her.
Her US Harper's Bazaar subscribers cover, however, is not boring. The newsstand edition tells the same old girl-next-door story but Mark Seliger's black and white subscribers cover is much less predictable. Jen is styled to look like Barbara Streisand and it's good. Really good.


I always assumed Jennifer was against changing her image for editorials, as every magazine styles her in exactly the same way, but obviously I was wrong. The most welcome change is the hair, which throughout most of the shoot is worn short. I think Jennifer has lovely hair, but it's refreshing to see it styled differently for a change, don't you think?


I would obviously still prefer to see a model on a magazine cover but I think the Harper's team deserves huge credit for doing something new with Jennifer. You can view the full editorial HERE and read the accompanying interview at harpersbazaar.com.

What do you think of Jen's Harper's cover? A little less boring?

images from harpersbazaar.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers