Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Best Thing About Vogue's September Issue...

...Is this quote from Vassi Chamberlain's amazing profile on Giorgio Armani:

'He hands me a pink rose. There's something innately gentlemanly about this action. "The last time he did that," says a PR, "was with Anna Wintour - she got herbs."'

PARIS - JULY 06: Anna Wintour attends the Giorgio Armani Prive show as part of the Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2011 Espace Vendome on July 6, 2010 in Paris, France. (Photo by Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images)

Anna Wintour at the Armani Privé Fall/Winter 2011 collection - minus the herbs

I don't really know why I find the quote so entertaining, but every time I read it I giggle. It's the random-ness I think. I love random details. And the idea of Anna Wintour standing there holding a bunch of parsley is just too much.
Anyone who hasn't bought the UK Vogue September issue yet definitely should, as the piece on Armani is a great read. I so often forget that he practically invented the concept of dressing celebrities for the red carpet, and he comes across very well in the interview. The herb quote alone makes up for the rather predictable Kate Moss cover.

So on the random subject of herbs, which is your favourite? Personally I love basil but I really don't like coriander.

image Getty/Picapp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers